Sunday 9 March 2014

Special gifts are given to special people only. Arm wristers.

wrist warmers
 
Wrist warmers with beads are the classic and stylish spring and autumn accessory. It is quite astonishing how a petite piece of knitting wrapped around the wrists can keep the whole body warm. These wrist warmers are sometimes called “pulse warmers” because they warm the blood as it passes through the wrists, raising the temperature of the entire body. Some of my friends with aching joints have found cashmere/wool ones very soothing.

Unlike mittens and gloves, wristers do not hinder from doing your work, something we can appreciate, especially those of us using smartphones and tablets. Couple of days ago I came back from a short trip in Edinburgh where the wrist warmers found to be warming indeed. It was quite chilly outside and the city was so beautiful that I could not put my camera away without making another photo when another and another... I was unable to  use my camera properly wearing the gloves therefore wristlets were my saviors. Thank you, mom! :) xx. I love them and cannot spend a spring day out without putting them on. It warms not only my arms but heart as well knowing that my mom put all her love into knitting them.


Pulse warmers could be a great gift-knitting project for crafty ladies (or uncommon gentlemen). I have not tried to knit them myself, but those who did, including my mom, say it is 'very easy'.  Well, perhaps for dedicated knitters. New knitters or those with less patience or people finding pleasure in other activities instead, could go an easy way by buying them in local shops, craft fairs or websites like etsy and dawanda. Handcrafted gifts are very special gifts and given to special people only.


Eva Kuno x



No comments:

Post a Comment